If you’ve ever been stranded on a country road with a broken-down car, you understand just how valuable Roadside Assistance coverage can be. With so many coverage options available, it can be difficult to determine exactly which coverages make sense for you.
We get it – you don’t want to get too much and pay for coverage you don’t need, but in the same sense you don’t want to get too little and leave yourself unprotected. We’ll break down Roadside Assistance Coverage so you can determine if it’s something you would like to add to your policy if you don’t already have it:
What is Roadside Assistance?
Roadside Assistance is an optional coverage that can be added to your Personal Auto Policy to help you out when your vehicle breaks down on the side of the road, in a parking lot, at work or even at home.
If you become stranded, our Roadside Assistance plan can help with services like changing a flat tire, jump-starting a dead battery or towing your vehicle to a repair shop. There is a seemingly infinite list of things that can go wrong with a car, which can make it a worthwhile addition to any car insurance policy.
What Does Roadside Assistance Cover?
Roadside assistance typically covers basic mechanical repairs and adjustments in an effort to make a vehicle drivable again. Our coverage includes the following services:
- Towing Services – We’ll tow your vehicle up to 25 miles away to your destination of choice, or beyond 25 miles to our nearest repair facility.
- Flat Tires – A roadside assistance representative will remove a flat tire and replace it with a spare.
- Emergency Fluid Delivery – We’ll deliver gas, oil, water, etc. to get your vehicle rolling again.
- Dead Battery Jump Start – a roadside assistance representative will jump start your battery if it died on you.
- Lockout Service – If you accidentally lock your keys in your vehicle, we’ll help you open your vehicle door or dispatch a locksmith if needed.
- Minor Mechanical First Aid – A roadside assistance representative will perform minor mechanical repairs to get your car moving again.
- Concierge Service – A roadside assistance representative will assist in arranging alternative transportation, finding an ATM and coordinating hotel/motel reservations for you.
How Can I Get Roadside Assistance?
Purchasing roadside assistance is easy – just contact your local Rockford Mutual Insurance Agent and they will work with you to add the coverage to your current Personal Auto Policy. If you need Roadside Assistance help today, call 1-855-418-2340.
How Much Does Roadside Assistance Cost?
Rockford Mutual offers our Roadside Assistance program for as little as $10/month/vehicle.
Do I Need Roadside Assistance?
Having Roadside Assistance Coverage will help you achieve true peace of mind if you’re worried about being stranded after your car breaks down.
Factors like the dependability of your vehicle, the distance of your average commute and how handy you are under the hood might help you decide if adding the coverage to your policy makes sense.
For such an affordable price, most Rockford Mutual customers prefer to proactively add Roadside Assistance protection to their policy. Look at it this way – you’ll never have to worry about changing a flat tire or getting a jump-start if you’re stranded with car trouble ever again! This is especially valuable in the Midwest where we experience extreme weather conditions, like frigid temperatures in the winter and hot, humid temperatures in the summer.